Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wedding Dresses

No - this is not a post about Colleen's wedding dress. I've read articles on theknot.com and evidently I am not supposed to see or even know anything about her dress until the wedding ceremony. This post is however about wedding dresses - just not any that Colleen will be wearing during the wedding.

When we went down to Florida to visit Colleen's family her mom could not resist the urge to have Colleen get in touch with her roots - literally.

Mary Ann (Colleen's Mom) brought out her wedding dress and her mother's (Colleen's Grandma) wedding dress and encouraged Colleen to put on a well documented impromptu fashion show.

The best part is that this fashion was not closed to just immediate family, Colleen's Aunt Nancy's family and Tara's (Colleen's Sister) boyfriend were also in attendance. And now with the help of technology all of you can see what we saw.

Mom's First - I would be amiss if I failed to mention that Colleen ripped a hole in the elbow of this dress. But as her mom said, its been in a box for 27 years so its not a big deal.


Grandma - very poofy.


I personally think Colleen looks amazing in both these dresses and can't wait to see her in her real wedding dress on our special day.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun!! Please wear your grandma's dress! That is a LOT of poof. :)

    ReplyDelete